Monday 11 May 2009

Two Ten's and a Marathon

So training has been going well apart from some discomfort from my Achilles tendon (known to many as itous of the tendon). Much to my thinking that this was caused by running, it turns out it could actually be from spinning at the gym in running shoes as opposed to cleats. Lesson learned! So an agonising hour spent with James Lenaghan and his healing hands, I feel a lot less stress in my legs.

So yesterday was the St. Albans 10K. A fantastically sunny day ideal for running through the back roads of St. Albans towards Bedmond. I definitely should not have run 12 miles or spun the day before if I was to get a decent time. However, school boy errors aside, I finished 21st in a time of 39:46 (Check results here)

So next Sunday is the Wheathampstead 10K, where Running Fource will be making a debut appearance (myself, Niall, Kenny and Paul so far - feel free to join us...) and again I will be aiming for a sub-40 time (although a hilly course that could be made even harder if it rains the night before).

Following that is the ING Luxembourg Marathon on 22 May. An unusual start time of 18:00, but like Rotterdam a relatively flat course.

Till the next time.....

No comments: